Statement of Faith
At NVCA, we are a community of Christ followers. Our Statement of Faith is reaffirmed annually by our Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff to validate the shared beliefs of our community. As a Recognized Service Organization (RSO) of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) we honor its doctrinal principles. Consistent with these principles:
- We believe the Bible to be the one inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16‐17, 2 Peter 1:20‐21, John 20:31, Matthew 25:35).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:20‐21, John 10:30‐38, Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:14, 1 Peter 3:22, Philippians 2:9, Revelation 19:11‐12).
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation of the lost and sinful man. (Romans 8:11, 1 Peter 3:18, Romans 10:9‐13, 1 John 1:9).
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for men’s sins according to the Scriptures, and all who believe in Him have the forgiveness of sins through His blood. (1 Cor. 15:3, Eph. 1:7) We believe an individual becomes a child of God by being born of the Holy Spirit by the word of God through a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
(John 1:12‐13, 1 Cor. 3:16).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:16, Galatians 4:6, 1 John 3:24, 1 Corinthians 3:16).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
(Hebrews 9:27, 2 Peter 2:9, Revelation 20:12, Psalm 96:13).
- We believe that heaven and hell are definite places. (Luke 11:12, Acts 7:49, John 14:2‐4, Hebrews 11:10).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 14:23, Ephesians 5:30, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Deuteronomy 14:2).
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person male or female, reflecting in these two distinct genders the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejecting one’s biological sex is rejecting the image of God within that person.
- The Holy Scriptures teach that God, in creating the world, gave marriage to be the lifelong union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24), a gift to be held in honor and kept pure (Hebrews 13:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:2-5). As a man and woman freely commit themselves to one another, God Himself joins them as one. Marriage is far more than a social contract or a mere interpersonal bond. It is an act of God the Creator. So, our Lord Jesus says in Matthew 19:4-6: “Haven’t you read that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife and the two shall become one flesh’?”.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct and the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of NVCA.
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of NVCA as the a body of believers in Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the families and staff of our school, it is imperative that all persons employed by NVCA in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, pledge a commitment to abide by this Statement of Faith.