Statement of Faith
At NVCA, we are a community of Christ followers. Our Statement of Faith is reaffirmed annually by our Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff to validate the shared beliefs of our community. As a Recognized Service Organization (RSO) of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) we honor its doctrinal principles. Consistent with these principles:
- We believe the Bible to be the one inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. We believe in one God, eternally existent in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and personal return in power and glory.
- We believe regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation.
- We believe Jesus Christ died for our sins, that all who believe in Him have the forgiveness of sins through His blood, and that an individual becomes a child of God through a personal faith in the work of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person male or female, reflecting in these two distinct genders the image and nature of God. Rejecting one’s biological sex is rejecting the image of God within that person.
- We believe the term marriage has one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union and that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
- We believe any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God.