Middle School Overview | Preparation for Life
The middle school program for 6th through 8th grade students includes language arts, math, science, history, and Bible. All subjects are taught from the perspective of biblical truth. A well-rounded program of physical education classes, music, and art is also provided.
Students gain technology skills utilizing Promethean boards and iPads are used throughout their curriculum. Fine arts help to balance the needs of the whole child. Student government and chapel worship teams offer students opportunities to develop leadership skills. Selective field trips are offered to enrich the classroom training, while providing a deeper appreciation for God’s handiwork and service opportunities within the community.
Students in grades 6th through 8th grade are also given the opportunity to participate in competitive athletics throughout the school year.
Middle School (6th-8th)
- English-Spelling, Vocabulary: Classical roots, Foreign phrases
- Reading & Composition-Fiction/Nonfiction: dramas, short stories, novels, essays, speeches and autobiographies
- Grammar Usage-Writing and research, poetry
- Speaking & Listening-Debate, Presentation
- Bible-Memory, Old and New Testament
- History/Geography-Ancient Times, Middle Ages, Early Modern Times
- Science-Physical Science, Life Science, Earth Science
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts-Core Knowledge Art/Music
- STEM lab activities and use of relevant tools of technology prepare students to excel in Science Technology Engineering and Math practices.