Lower School Overview | Preparation for Life
The lower school program for 3rd-5th grade students places emphasis on mastery and application of basic learning skills. Each student is taught from a Christian perspective with special times set aside for Bible instruction and chapel. Teachers also offer specialized enrichment and outside classroom activities to help each child realize their academic potential. The lower school offers additional activities to help educate the whole child such as art, music, physical education, STEM, computer and technology skills.
Lower School (3rd-5th)
- English – Phonics, Spelling, Vocabulary
- Reading & Writing- Reading and Language Comprehension, Poetry
- Grammar Usage
- Bible- Memory, Old and New Testament
- History/Geography – Core Knowledge American History/World History/Geography
- Science – Purposeful Design
- Fine Arts- Core Knowledge Art/Music
- STEM lab activities and use of relevant tools of technology prepare students to excel in Science Technology Engineering and Math practices.