What Is NVCA’s Mission and History?
- To develop discerning young adults to reach their full potential in scholarship, leadership, and service in order to influence their community and the world for Christ.
- In 2011, NVCA became an independent, self-owned and operated Lutheran school, affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) system for over 1,000 schools throughout the United States.
- NVCA is a non-profit, private 501(c)(3) Christian school, serving families from all faith backgrounds. The school is operated and governed independently by an elected board of Trustees.
- NVCA is not affiliated with a local church, but encourages families to connect with a church home.
What is the Student Population and Class Size?
- Campus designed for 620 students
- Early Childhood on Level One
- Lower, Middle, Upper on Level Two
- 3 years: Teacher/Student Ratio of 1:13 (No changing table available. Students MUST be fully toilet trained.
- 4 years, Kinderbridge: Teacher/Student Ratio of 1:15
- K-12 Classroom: Teacher/Student Ratio of 1:24
- Waitlisting begins with class size of 24 students pending plans for class expansion.
What Are the Hours of Operation?
Early Childhood (2’s – 4’s):
Full Day Options (8:15AM – 3:00PM):
Half Day Options (8:15AM – 11:00AM):
Kinderbridge – 12th Grade:
- M-F from 8:30AM – 3:00PM
What Hours Are Offered For Extended Care?
- Extended Care for 24 months – Grade 3 begins before school at 6:30AM and ends after school at 6:00PM
- We provide extended care for students in Grades 4-10 that supports age appropriate activities.
- Students are encouraged to join study groups, athletic teams or clubs when not attending extended care.
Contact Mandy Fenchak at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What Is In the Curriculum Guide?
Pre-K – Grade 12 Curriculum is designed using the Core Knowledge Sequence.
“The Core Knowledge Sequence is distinguished by its specificity. While most state or district curricula provide general guidelines concerning skills, they typically offer little help in deciding specific content. The specific in the Sequence provides a solid foundation on which to build skills instruction. Moreover, because the Sequence offers a coherent plan that builds year by year, helps prevent the many repetitions and gaps in instruction that can result from vague curricular guidelines (for example, repeated units of “Pioneer Days” or “Saving the Rain-forest”; or, inadequate attention to the Bill of Rights, or to adding fractions with unlike denominators, or African geography).” – CORE KNOWLEDGE SEQUENCE
Curriculum Guides by Subject:
- Children are respected, nurtured and challenged academically, socially, physically and spiritually
- Children are able to make meaningful decisions throughout the day promoting natural curiosity
- Children learn the skills necessary for future academic success through basic school readiness skills
- All subject areas are taught with research based, academic excellence from a biblical worldview.
- Saxon Phonics Program | Saxon Spelling | Zoo Phonics
Lower | Middle | Upper School:
“Go Math! is a comprehensive Grade mathematics program developed to support the National Council of Teachers of Mathmatics (NCTM) Curriculum Focal Points. The program emphasizes Essential Questions and Big Ideas with depth of understanding as the goal. Interactive lessons utilize research based instructional approaches and differentiated instructional resources to ensure success for all students.” – HMH
Go Math! Offers interactive manipulative learning centers, blended learning approach, textbooks become math journals, and homework is done in class while “trailers of upcoming content” is viewed as a school/home extension. This is different from Saxon math where students “spiral” along with scripted lessons that do not offer blended learning or correlated hands-on, minds-on activities.
Purposeful Design Science is an inquiry-based, hands-on approach to science instruction that will give your students numerous opportunities to discover principles and truths of God’s creation. Lessons are designed to engage the student in age- and grade-appropriate investigation. Purposeful Design Science gives students the opportunity to marvel at the wonders of Creation both as inhabitants and caretakers as they study, explore, and discover the world God has created.” – ACSI
“This science series was developed to guide students through investigating, observing and thinking about the world around them. Every chapter is designed to bring together the wonders of God’s world and a Biblical worldview. Children are naturally curious, and this series uses activities that will capitalize on that curiosity to help them learn. The title of the series comes from the idea that God’s design of creation was on purpose, and that theme is reflected throughout the lessons.” READ MORE
K12 History and Geography
K8 One In Christ – Concordia
9-12 Exploring Our Faith
K12 Language Arts | Literature | Novel Studies
For more information on STEM please contact Alicia Roberts, the Director of STEM at email@example.com
What Sport Opportunities Does The NVCA Athletic Program Provide?
Depending on level of interest we will be offering the following activities:
- Cross Country
- Cross Country
- Cheer Contact
Kacey Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Does NVCA Have a Comprehensive Summer School Program?
Available to PreK-12, NVCA Summer Camps provide families a wide range of choices that can be customized to meet the needs of each family. Each program is designed with a balance of instruction, collaboration, and free play overseen by experienced camp counselors. Our camps support the development of new friendships and exploration of new worlds through hands-on, minds-on activities. The summer schedule allows participants to choose a new camp each week of the eight weeks of summer break.
Contact LoriF@nothvalleyca.org for more information.
Is There Financial Assistance?
Financial Assistance Arizona Tax Credit is a tax-exempt school tuition organization (“STO”) which falls under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. We are a qualifying private school and K12 students (preschool is NOT eligible) may be eligible to receive scholarships through donations made by individuals or corporations. Check out our website for other financial support for families.
Who Are NVCA Partners?
- National Junior Honor Society | National Elementary Honor Society
- Grand Canyon University
- GCU students mentor NVCA students as experts in their respective field of study
- Scholarships Available
- NVCA was selected as one of the ten schools across Arizona to participate in the GCU Inquiry Project to celebrate Inquiry-Based Learning STEM 101 NVCA is the pilot site for corporate projects being developed across the country. STEM 101 provides NVCA a bridge for students, teachers and the business community to more effectively develop learning pathways in technology-driven careers.
Please Identify NVCA Accreditation Affiliations
NVCA carries full accreditation affiliations and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International. As an affiliated member, NVCA has the support of the association in accreditation for early-education programs and primary and secondary certification of curriculum that prepares students academically to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Accreditation by AdvancED, with its rigorous on-site external reviews of PreK-12 programs, recognizes and validates NVCA’s clear vision and purpose, its commitment to continuously improving the curriculum, and experience for all learners to reach their full potential. NVCA is also accredited by the National Lutheran School Association. If you want to find out more about our community, visit our Facebook.
NVCA is extremely grateful to the following organizations for their supportive partnerships with our school and our families:
- Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
- School Choice Arizona
- Institute for Better Education
- The Lutheran Education Foundation, Inc.-Phoenix
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- The Lutheran Church Extension Fund
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Grand Canyon University-Phoenix
- Association of Lutheran Secondary Schools
- Pacific Southwest District of the LCMS
- The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
Checklist and Reminders!
✓ Take advantage of the opportunity to have your student shadow for the day with a NVCA student ambassador.
✓ Preview enrollment packet before you leave and receive a promo item – pen, squishy ball, decal or toy.
✓ Talk to our financial administrator on ways to reduce tuition costs with STO’s and scholarships.