- Masters of Education- Secondary Education
- Regis University- Denver, Co.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology- Adolescent
- University of Northern Colorado- Greeley,Co.
Director of Athletics
Kacey has worked in the education field for over 10 years and is beginning her 5th year as an Athletic Director. Prior to her current position, she served as a high school teacher and coach at schools in the valley as well as Denver, Co. For the past 5 years, Kacey has served as the Athletic Director and Head of Physical Education Department, leading schools through renovation processes and development of competitive athletic programs. Mrs.Johnson’s primary responsibilities involve overseeing North Valley Christian Academy’s kindergarten through high school athletic programs, school wide physical education classes, as well as serves on numerous school committees.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach-(New Way Academy 2013-2017)
- Varsity Cross Country Coach- (New Way Academy 2013-2017)
- Head Women’s Volleyball Coach- (Denver Academy 2007-2013)
- Assistant Varsity Track and Field Coach- (Denver Academy 2007-2013)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach- (Denver Academy 2007-2013)
- Colorado Department of Education:
- Secondary Professional Educator License | Master Teacher Certification
- Arizona Department of Education:
- Reciprocal State Educator License
- Seminars/Professional Training:
- Kagan Cooperative Learning
- Kagan Classroom Management
- Kagan Multiple Intelligences
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- Strength and Conditioning
Head Cheer Coach
Hello NVCA!! My name is Brianne Thomason and my husband Doug and I moved with our three boys to the North Phoenix area in July 2016. I’m originally from Kansas where I took dance, cheerleading, and tumbling classes from the age of 2. I made my high school varsity cheer squad as a freshman and was named a UCA All-Star 4 years and a UCA National All-Star my senior year. I was invited to perform for the Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and was blessed with the opportunity to compete at ACA Nationals. In addition to cheerleading, I was also a member of an elite dance troupe and my high school dance team.
After high school I joined the Spirit Squad at Emporia State University where I danced and cheered for 4 years. I was honored to serve the team as Captain for 2 years and as a Student Athlete’s Council Ambassador. I was also an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and taught dance and cheer classes both in studios and as a private contractor with schools. I graduated in 2008 with a BSE in Health Promotion and worked in the corporate wellness field until we had our first son. I am so excited to help build the spirit squad at NVCA and to share my love of cheer and dance with the students. GO LIONS!!
Head Basketball Coach
Coach Walker will take over the position of head men’s basketball coach. After twenty years as head coach at Boulder Creek, Horizon, Desert Edge, and Cactus Shadows as well as a stint at the Division I level at Northwestern State University.
- Boulder Creek High School- Head Basketball Coach- (2008-2013)
- Northwestern State University- Graduate Assistant- (2007-2008)
- Horizon High School- Head Basketball Coach- (2001-2007)
- Horizon High School-Director- Horizon HS Holiday Shootout (2001-2006)
- Horizon High School- Head Women’s Golf Coach (2004)
- Cactus Shadows High School- Head Men’s Basketball Coach (1996-2001)
- Great Desert Shootout – Director and Co-founder of (1996-2001)
Coach Walker brings a wealth of experience and a history of winning. He boasts multiple coach of the year honors, past president of the ABCA, Region and State championships, and nearly a .700 winning percentage and has over 300 career wins.
Coach Walker is looking forward to joining the NVCA staff and helping young men grow in their walk with Christ. Randy has been married to Lisa for three years and combined they have four children Colby (20), Tyler (18), Josh (14), and Dallas (8).
Asst. Mens Basketball Coach
Coach Jensen has years of experience with basketball, both as a player and a coach.
- 1996-2000 Played center/forward for C-H-B High School in Nebraska, with three trips to the state tournament and a state championship title in 2000.
- 2000-2004 Student Manager/Coach for the Concordia University of Nebraska Women’s Basketball team. The team had four trips to the National Basketball Tournament. In 2004, the team wen 36-2 with a trip to the Final Four in the NAIA Division II.
- 2001-2004 Assistant to the Athletic Director of Concordia University Nebraska.
- 2016-Present Junior High Basketball Head Coach
- 2017-2018 Assistant Coach NVCA Men’s Basketball Team
Coach Jensen’s wife, Karen is a grades 6-10 mathematics teacher at NVCA, and his daughter, Tabitha, is a 5th grader. His favorite part about coaching is building character in his athletes, teaching them to be leaders both on and off the court.