- Bachelor of Science- Fort Hays State University
- Graduate Assistant- Men’s Basketball Coach-Emporia State University
Director of Athletics
Scott comes to NVCA with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of coaching and education. Prior to being NVCA’s Athletic Director, Scott worked at Joy Christian School as their General Manager. While there, he led the boyʼs varsity basketball team where they won the state championship. He has also worked with the Special Olympics as their AIA Unified Sports Director. Additionally, Scott worked with the AIA Academy as their Coach Education Specialist and Lead Trainer for 6 years. For 32 years prior, Scott taught physical education and coached a variety of sports on all levels from Kindergarten thru College. Scott is married to his wonderful wife Leslie. They have two sons (Trey and Cooper).
Awards and Recognition
- 2013 – AZ Republic Small School Coach of the Year – Basketball
- 2013 – AZ Coaches Association Coach of the Year – Division 4 Basketball
- 2010 – Athletic Director of the Year – Desert Valley Region
- 2009 – NIAAA State Award of Merit
- 2007 – Athletic Director of the Year – Northwest Region
- 2004 – AIA Pursuing Victory with Honor – State Administrator of the Year
- 1995 – 4A Basketball Region Coach of the Year
- 1995 – AZ Coaches Association – State Coach of the Year – 4A Basketball
Head Cheer Coach
Head Basketball Coach
Coach Walker will take over the position of head men’s basketball coach. After twenty years as head coach at Boulder Creek, Horizon, Desert Edge, and Cactus Shadows as well as a stint at the Division I level at Northwestern State University.
- Boulder Creek High School- Head Basketball Coach- (2008-2013)
- Northwestern State University- Graduate Assistant- (2007-2008)
- Horizon High School- Head Basketball Coach- (2001-2007)
- Horizon High School-Director- Horizon HS Holiday Shootout (2001-2006)
- Horizon High School- Head Women’s Golf Coach (2004)
- Cactus Shadows High School- Head Men’s Basketball Coach (1996-2001)
- Great Desert Shootout – Director and Co-founder of (1996-2001)
Coach Walker brings a wealth of experience and a history of winning. He boasts multiple coach of the year honors, past president of the ABCA, Region and State championships, and nearly a .700 winning percentage and has over 300 career wins.
Coach Walker is looking forward to joining the NVCA staff and helping young men grow in their walk with Christ. Randy has been married to Lisa for three years and combined they have four children Colby (20), Tyler (18), Josh (14), and Dallas (8).