Posted 2 months ago on · Permalink
4th GRADE PBL HIGHLIGHT: The 4th grade has been working on building collaboration and cooperation skills. They started the project by trying to put together a puzzle without speaking to each other. This was quite a challenge. Then they developed a series of questions about the importance of collaboration and important collaboration skills which they asked their parents and special guests, Travis Trexler and Dana Smith. That information along with information from several articles that that they read allowed them to create PowerPoint presentations, sharing the skills they thought were most important. While presenting they demonstrated the use of these skills through short skits that they created about planning a trip to Disneyland with a group of friends, planning a For King and Country concert, and running a residential campaign. Way to go, 4th Grade!
STAFFING POSITIONS FOR 2017-18/OR 2018-19: As we are staffing for our new campus and enrollment growth there are many positions that need filling. Some openings are for next year, others will not begin until 2018-19. If you or someone you know is interested please share with them. All candidates must be committed Christians, advocates of our mission, vision, and support our ‘statement of faith’. Please send your resume to RachelO@NorthValleyCA.org.
CELEBRATE NVCA WEEK: We look forward to ‘Celebrate NVCA Week’, as we thank God for our wonderful school, students, families, teachers, and staff. Special activities will be held all week long including a praise time every morning and games throughout the day. Monday: ‘Monster’s University’: Dress in your favorite sports team attire.
- Tuesday: ‘Sleeping Beauties’ Dress in your favorite Disney pajamas. (Shoulders Covered)
- Wednesday: ‘Ohana Day’ Dress in your favorite Hawaiian clothes.
- Thursday: ‘Disney Day’ Dress up as a Disney Character or in Disney clothing.
- Friday: ‘Grandparent’s Day’ Must wear NVCA Polo uniform.
- Can wear a crazy hat. Grandparent’s will be on campus from 8:00-11:00am with chapel at 10:15am.
- Grandparent’s Day questions please contact PTF@NorthValleyCA.org.
SAVE THE DATE: VISIT THE NVCA BOOTH AT ANTHEM DAYS: Come help spread the word about the best school in town…NVCA! Any family that visits our booth wearing their NVCA t-shirt will be given a free dress day on March 31st. We look forward to seeing you at Anthem Days on Saturday and Sunday, March, 25-26th from 10:00-4:00pm.
CHAPEL OFFERING: Our last chapel offering for March 1st- May 17th will be a Dollar Challenge for the Phoenix Rescue Mission. The dollars can be in change or paper form. To see how much we have raised each week, you can look on the wall outside the Kindergarten classroom. So far, we have raised $310.00! Thank you for helping us support the Phoenix Rescue Mission and St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GOD’S BLESSINGS last week to Mercedes Fippinger, Sophia Notaro, Sedona DuVall,and Cheyanne Bagne.
- March 13th-17th: Celebrate NVCA Week
- March 15th: End of 3rd Quarter
- March 17th: Grandparent’s Day, 11:00am Early Dismissal
- March 20-24th: No School, Spring Break
- April 7th: 11:00am Dismissal, Teacher In-Service
- April 14-17th: No School, Good Friday, Easter Monday
“Stand Firm in Faith, BE Strong, BE Courageous!” 1 Corinthians 16:13
Download the Campus Newsletter #28